Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

[me] & goji

I would like to thank Shelby at La Belle Vegan for mentioning the [me] & goji website a few days ago.  The website is a "mix your own cereal" site.  Its pretty cool, you get to choose a cereal base, grain mix ins, fruit mix ins, and nut/seed mix ins.  Plus, it calculates the nutrition for you.  I love stuff like this.  
Because I am me, I spent a long time trying to get the most protein in these as possible so that I could justify buying them.  I ended up with 3 mixes (the shipping was a lot, I figured I might as well get a few), and they all showed up in their pretty capsules today.  

The one I tried today was my Wheat Germ Muesli mix (I named it myself!...not very creative, haha) and it was a Muesli base with barley flakes, wheat germ x2, cacao nibs, dried strawberries, and amaranth.  

Nutrition Information (For 3/4 cup):  136.2 Calories;  2.8g Fat; 0.0g Saturated Fat;  0.0mg Cholesterol;  26.3g Carbohydrates;  5.4g Fiber;  6.5g Protein.  

For a snack tonight I had a cup of it with a cup of unsweetened chocolate almond milk, and microwaved it on half power for 4 minutes.  I don't have a picture of it because I ate it without planning on blogging about it, but I had to when I saw that even Zoe liked it:


Isn't she CUTE!??!

I guess, as I write this, I also should acknowledge our new president.  I'm not really sure how I feel about it, even though I wanted him to win but...congrats to Obama!  A minority president.  Amazing.  Fantastic.  At the very least, maybe we'll get some kind of the change, since that's what he's been proposing.  

No cooking song today, since I didn't really cook at all.  I did listen to the latest "Vegetarian Food for Thought" podcast on my way back from class tonight though.  I really like Colleen's podcast, since she talks more about food than politics.  

1 comment: