Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Disappointing Day

Not to be a gloomy gus, but today was LAME in the life of me.  I did get to the gym though, so at least it involved some sort of productivity.  

I am trying to use up what I've got around the house this week.  For breakfast today I had some leftover ABC stuffing.  For lunch, I wanted to use some tofu that was on its last legs and a poblano pepper.  So, I went the tofu scramble route.  I guess it is sort of clementine season?  I dunno, but there is a big box in my fridge, so I added one of them along with some salsa and onions.  That and some quinoa, good to go.  

Poblano Tofu Scrmble

Nutrition Information:  344.1 Calories;  6.7g Fat;  0.4g Saturated Fat;  0.0mg Cholesterol;  728.3mg Sodium;  54.8g Carbohydrates;  16.6g Fiber;  16.8g Protein

Now, I would like to thank all the blog and cookbooks authors that give me great soup recipes, because this is something I have yet to perfect.  It didn't taste bad, it just wasn't as exciting as I had hoped.  Partially because my mom also needed the garlic, so I ended up with half as much as I wanted.  It was roasted cushaw squash, roasted garlic, white beans, chickpeas, and spinach.  Oh, and the pictures were pretty crappy too!  I don't know why, my pictures have been coming out bad lately, I'm usually a decent photographer.   

Nutrition Information:  211.2 Calories;  1.1g Fat;  0.1g Saturated Fat;  0.0mg Cholesterol;  1,193mg Sodium;  42.9g Carbohydrates;  7.1g Fiber;  9.3g Protein

These muffins though, were delicious!  They are from the Nov/Dec 2008 issue of VegNews, on page 69.  Their recipe is for garlic basil muffins.  I just subbed the basil with rosemary.  They are really good (I had two)!   

Nutrition Information:  126.6 Calories;  6.8g Fat;  0.9g Saturated Fat;  0.0mg Cholesterol;  221.5mg Sodium;  14.5g Carbohydrates;  2.0g Fiber;  3.1g Protein

I also got my student teaching assignment and...I think I need to start looking for apartments or something, it is an hour away!!!  That's pretty ridiculous, I am NOT happy.  

8 comments:

  1. sorry to hear your day was rather lame. raising my cuppa for today to be far better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Celine, I am hopeful also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poblano tofu scramble sounds great! You have nice recipes, thanks for visiting my blog and leading me to yours :) I know what you mean about the photos..it can be frustrating this time of the year when there isnt enough sun light to photograph with. Your soup and muffin shots look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping in! It didn't help, I'm sure, that it was late at night with all the shades drawn, haha. :) There's always next time though, (I'm clearly not feeling quite so despondent today)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tofu scramble. The obsession (and addiction) came recently... I'm always throwing random leftovers into it... but your Poblano Tofu Scrmble is something I must make and plan for -- maybe after thanksgiving when I'm no-longer scared of going to the store! I cannot deal with the crazed crowds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree Linsday! I have been trying to use up everything in the house and stay out of the groceries also. I snuck into a local natural food store today just to get some vegan eggnog, and it was twice as packed as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to make those savory muffins ever since I got my copy of VegNews! They look delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are good, although now after eating all of them (I only made 4) I would suggest making sure all the dry is mixed really well before adding the wet. I had some spots where I could really taste the baking soda.

    Also, not that anyone asked, haha, but the soup was actually way better today. The garlic had more time to impart its flavor, so I'm not feeling quite as disappointed anymore and think that if I could have used as much garlic as I wanted, it would have been better. But then, I ADORE garlic...its the Italian in me (which is 100%!).

    ReplyDelete