Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hey! I Won Something! - Gluten Free Day 3

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I made some stuffing to take part in Hannah's barley stuffing challenge.  

Lucky for me, I was the only one who decided to actually MAKE a barley stuffing, so guess what?  I won!  Yay!!  You have the privilege of viewing the recipe right here!  ABC Stuffing.  

Hehe.  Seriously though, I was super excited because not do I get the pleasure of winning, but I also get the pleasure of recieving a wonderful gift from Hannah in the mail yesterday!!



If you can't tell, it is a copy of the Everyday Dish cooking DVD with Julie Hasson, Dreena Burton, and Bryanna Clark Grogan!  Thank you so much Hannah, I really do appreciate it!  Not only because I get to watch a vegan cooking show on my own TV, but because it is chock full of recipes!  I am something of a cookbook hoarder, I love them.  

Obviously though, this is not in book form.  Just as I was prepared to sit down and watch this with pencil and paper in hand, I noticed a little note on the CD that said "Print Recipes from DVD-ROM drive".  Print?  Awesome!  

So because I'm really cool, I totally didn't format them all, print them out, and make my own little cookbook with them.  

Oh wait, I did.  

The first thing on my list is Dreena's Mint Melties.  Definitely.  I don't have any of these ladies' books, so this is really cool.  Thanks again Hannah!  

Now, I admit I have been on a little Vegan with A Vengeance kick lately.  I have ingredients for two other recipes all ready for tomorrow and Friday too.  Today we had Stewed Tofu and Potatoes in Miso Gravy.  

Nutrition Information:  386.1 Calories;  12.9g Total Fat;  1.7g Saturated Fat;  0.0mg Cholesterol;  874.5mg Sodium;  37.2g Carbohydrates;  5.1g Fiber;  16.1g Protein 

This was good, homey and warm.  My mom said it was the perfect meal you'd like to have on a snowy day.  I almost completely followed the recipe as given (for once), although I used barley miso instead of chickpea...I've never seen chickpea miso.  I also added kale.  

Anyone have any super awesome onion tricks?  Its usually not so bad, but I was literally in tears between the shallots and one very very large onion! 

I had a fabulous day at the gym today.  I started a new workout routine, I'm doing a body split for the first time in over two years, my routines are usually full body.  Today was chest day, then a 3 mile run.  It went really well, I'm feeling really good about it, which was great because I didn't love the last plan I did.     

Big thanks again to Hannah!  

6 comments:

  1. I keep seeing that recipe and it looks even more delicious than the title sounds!!! Mmm, I agree...the perfect meal for a snowy day (like today!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous that you actually had a snowy day today! It was just cold here, brr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how nice that you won the dvd! your printed book looks great. I have a couple of dvds worth of family recipes. I think I should print and bind them like you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cool that you have a dvd of family recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I'm so glad you liked the prize! I was really struggling to figure out what to send, so it's a relief to hear that you're already enjoying it! Can't wait to hear what you think of the recipes that you make as well. :)

    Congrats again on winning!

    ReplyDelete